Kintai Bridge / Iwakuni, Yamaguchi Prefecture
A wooden bridge with four piers in a river about 200 meters wide. Built in 1673 as a bridge connecting the castle towns on both banks.
Although it was washed away by flooding in 1674, the year after construction, it was immediately rebuilt. After that, it was maintained without any disaster for 276 years, but it was washed away again in the 1950 typhoon flood.
The current bridge was newly built in 2001-2003.